Jungle Green has conducted a number of large scale station travel planning surveys over the last few years. These have included one for Greater Anglia at a new station that was in the planning stages at the time of the survey, Cambridge North.
This STP work went on to win an award given by Travel 4 Cambridgeshire.
Qualitative, quantitative and observational research techniques are employed. Followed by workshops and conferences with all stakeholders. Overall objectives for surveys of this nature include:
- Identification of existing and future travel patterns
- Circumstances surrounding mode choice
- Barriers to travel, actual or perceived
- How can the journey perceptions to/from the location be improved
- How can sustainable travel options be better integrated
- What measures would encourage greater patronage